Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What Does –

the past is present

I contacted an old childhood friend. I sent an email where I reported the whereabouts of some other friends of the time and told me roughly their present life as an adult. He is an accountant, works in an office, living alone and I said, "but I still hear music and dance. " I stopped contact with my friends from high school when I graduated, so although we do not live far I have zero idea of \u200b\u200bwhat each one, and I must add: I have zero interest. There is appreciation, of course, but no plot. My friend does not question me, I just expressed his pleasure to contact me. And the truth I too am happy to know it. I always sit well, he and I had some cultural empathy with others had no compass, music and literature, basically. Of the 16 to 18 we were all friends it was easy to match in the chaos but not deep issues (what could be so deep harass our brains for that age?).

And there's another reason why I liked him and I still fell very well, I never pulled the wave. It's strange to admit it, but it is: I prefer friendships where there is no such history. And is not I a despiertapasiones it for anything, rather the guys have been a mixed race. Must be the hormones, I guess. Like in college: I'm still writing with a friend while walking from flower to flower never included me in its cluster, which is appreciated. It seems not much (many live life to the Beverly Hills 90210 ), but is critical for the future, at least for me: it really does not interest me to meet with ex-boyfriends or ex-lovers even with ex boyfriends. Why? If we were it and it already was.

I tell my old friend from high school that since I left high school and moved to Tijuana and did not return to port, I liked the chaos, I adjusted to the rhythm of the city that I love the contrasts that I like the non-passivity of the border. He knows I'm a reporter and explain that I take it as activism. And he explains as he also points out, "but I'm in the psychedelic and rock" and give a picture of it which included saying "I hate suits and high heels." Finally his father asked him with all delicacy, as the years have passed and no one knows the destination of the elderly. He answered: "here is, paths with faith" (river, what a good description) and I added a request: "say hello to your mother, tell her I'm listening to Serrat and Silvio."

My friend and I also forward a project: they wanted to walk together (ie: living together with his girlfriend). I congratulate him on his adult life, I say that while locked in an office (as he complains) is not ideal, at least it gives to do what he likes. He also complimented me on my adult life, which I share with personal praise and chiaroscuro professionals: "oh if I told you what I earn, the walk a dog the reported, but the net I like a load research, write, narrate. " We have nothing but good vibes with each other.

Somehow, a decade later (or more), one endorses his decisions, as the decision to be (or be) friends with some and not others, as the decision to respond to a familiar and ignore other .

0 comments:

Post a Comment